Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Noisy Sleeping Baby

Owen is the NOISIEST sleeping baby EVER. If he's not grunting or stretching or making little squeaking or squawking noises, then he isn't truly asleep. He's been doing this since we brought him home from the hospital and at first I jumped at every noise he made. Now it's like a white noise machine next to our bed. Except the excessive grunting can sometimes wake me up for good in the middle of the night. :) Has anyone else experienced a noisy sleeping baby?? I've also tried to swaddle Owen and he absolutely HATES it. I've been reading bits and pieces of this book called "Happiest Baby on the Block" and they teach you the 5 S's to help soothe a baby, one of them being swaddling. Well, Owen hates being swaddled. When I do swaddle him - he grunts the ENTIRE time and tries to get free. We got one of those Halo Sacks as a gift and I thought either that or the Miracle Blanket would help him sleep longer periods of time. Nope! He hates them with a passion and practically growls when his arms are bound up. I guess that's one less habit I have to break

Can you really be upset about being woken up when you see a sweet sleeping baby though. Examples below. Side note: Owen LOVES these little lovey blankets I discovered. He loves having them by his cheeks when he sleeps. He sleeps SO much better with one next to his cheek. I slept with them one night to put my smell on them and they miraculously help him fall asleep now!!


No comments: