Sunday, November 20, 2011

Aunt Anna and Grandpa John Visit

On Friday, November 18th, Owen's Aunt Anna came from New York City to visit him. It was so nice to have my sister in town for the weekend. She could not WAIT to meet Owen and flew down for a quick weekend so she could meet her handsome nephew. Just this week, Owen started to become a lot more alert and keep his eyes open, so I loved that she got to see him like that rather than a baby that sleeps all day long! He was opening his eyes for her and making all kinds of fun baby noises.

On Saturday, November 19th, my Dad also came into town to meet Owen and also to stay for the week to spend time with us. He'll be here to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with us. We spent the weekend hanging around the house. The girls managed to go to the mall for a little (Aunt Anna spoiled Owen with really cute outfits from Nordstroms - I swear he is the BEST dressed baby in North Carolina) while the boys watched some football. We also went and got sushi for dinner two nights in a row. I've missed having sushi for over 8 months, so I didn't mind going to the SAME restaurant two nights in a row! :)

Owen behaved himself and was a huge hit. My sister couldn't believe how big he was. It is really hard to imagine that I could be pregnant still. It's not unusual for your first baby to go beyond your due date, so when November 16th passed, I made a mental note to thank the pregnancy Gods for bringing Owen to me early. He is getting so big so quickly and I can't imagine how much more uncomfortable I could have become if he came on his actual due date!!

Here are pictures from my sister and Dad's visit!

No comments: