Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hurley the Protector

Hurley has decided Owen can officially stay in the Gebhard house. I had a few friends over to the house earlier this week and while they were here, Hurley seemed oddly at edge. We were all sitting at the kitchen table and he normally BEGS for food if we are sitting there. Oddly, he had his back towards us and was staring at Owen's swing, where Owen was sound asleep. I thought it was funny, but didn't think much of it. Then one of my friends got up to go into the living room and Hurley decided to bark like an insane dog at her. That's when I picked up on the fact that Hurley was trying to guard and protect Owen. So we tested the theory out and had another friend try to approach Owen and sure enough, Hurley did the same thing. He'd look at Owen and look at my friend and was really trying to hard to decide if she was OK to be near his little brother. It's so incredibly cute! Hurley is no longer scared of Owen's cries. In fact at night, if Owen is waking up to feed, he looks at me like I'm crazy if I don't pick Owen up immediately. He sits at the edge of the bed to watch me feed him and once Owen quiets down, he then decides it is OK for him to sleep. I love that our little pup is so protective! I never would have thought he had it in him!! I can't wait to watch them grow to be great friends!!



No comments: