Saturday, October 20, 2012

Owen's Birthday Party!

On October 20th, we had Owen's first birthday party! What made the weekend even more special was having some out of town guests here for the weekend. One of my best friends from college, Maggie and her husband came into town for a visit. And on the day of the party, another one of my friends from college, Lauren and her husband and her 1 year old son, Henry also came into town. It was SO much fun to have some of my dear friends I met at UT to come to Owen's LONGHORN themed birthday party!! If it weren't for their help, I probably would not have been able to get everything ready in time for the party!!

We had all of our close friends we've made in NC come to the party and Owen had a blast. He had the cutest jersey on that had a number 1 on it (courtesy of his friend Kasion) and was just in awe of all his friends! It really is funny how much changes in a year. A year ago, not many of our friends had kids and at Owen's birthday party, we had several little ones! 

Owen was spoiled beyond words. He got so many toys that I think he was totally overwhelmed. He is definitely all BOY because he was OBSESSED with the balls and cars he received for his birthday. I think he is set for years on toys!! In the midst of the craziness of the party, I totally forgot to take pictures of the set up of everything. I made a ton of cute decorations and didn't get ONE picture. How awful! BUT…I did document Owen disliking his smash cake. I should probably note that Owen rarely ever gets dirty. He kind of hates it. In fact, when he gets anything on his hands while he eats, he will hold it up for me to wipe off. So, smashing into his cake was NOT fun for him. He made a face of disgust the entire time he was exploring the cake. He actually cried to get down from his highchair because he didn't want any of it! It was pretty funny! 

Thank you to al of our friends for sharing our little man's first birthday with us. We are so blessed to have such amazing friends.




































No comments: