Thursday, October 4, 2012

First Tooth

We have a tooth!!! On October 4th, we discovered Owen's first tooth!! The day before he got his tooth, Owen slept for over 13 hours and I had to wake him before I left for work so that I could nurse him. Let me tell you, Owen does NOT like being woken up. It's such a slow process and he stretches and grunts for what seems like 20 minutes before he is really awake to function. He is 100% his mother's child in this sense. That day, he also took an almost FOUR hour nap and his nanny texted me to ask me if she should wake him! I told her to let him sleep because he is NOT a happy camper when you wake him. So not only did he have a 13+ hour night, but he also took a four hour nap only 3 hours after he woke up! CRAZINESS. When I got home from work that day, I took him to the mall to walk around and everyone who saw him kept saying he looked tired. I'm sure they were all shaming me for taking out a tired baby so I could shop! Pshhh! They didn't realize he had just woken up from a 4 hour nap!! Anyways, after our little booger slept the day away, he woke up the next day reenergized and himself again and THAT'S when I saw the TOOTH. I was feeding him dinner and there it was! I went in to touch it and he clamped down so hard and refused to let me feel around. So I took out my camera and he gave me a huge grin and I saw it! See???

So at 11 months and 1 week, Owen decided to pop his first tooth!!! If sleeping all day is your way of teething, Owen….you can teethe all you want!! LOVE this kid. He is the definition of easy going!!


No comments: