Sunday, April 8, 2012

Our First Easter


Easter weekend was fantastic!! On Good Friday, we went to my good friend, Michelle's house to dye Easter eggs with her family. Owen spent most of the morning hanging with the "guys" and observing his surroundings. I am so sad I did not get any pictures of Owen spending time with everyone that day. All I got was a picture of him with a sticker I put on his forehead! Bad Mom!! It was fun to share in the Deese family traditions - thank you for inviting us!! We love spending time with you guys!!


The weather that weekend was absolutely amazing. We've had kind of a weird winter this year in that it wasn't very cold. In fact, I can count on one hand how many times I had to scrape ice off my car. It normally is a daily habit of mine in the winter, but it just never happened this year. We fully expected to have NO spring since our winter was so warm, but it has been beautiful for the past few weeks. On Saturday, I wanted to get Owen out of the house so we could let Tommy study, so we picked Camilla and Owen up to see some Easter festivities. The babies met the Easter bunny. They gave the Easter bunny some side glances, but overall seemed unimpressed. Next year kids…next year. 

On Sunday, we went to Easter Mass and dressed Owen up in his best outfit. It is a gift from a sweet co-worker of mine and he looked so handsome in it. He was so well behaved at Mass (he actually is always well behaved at Mass, come to think of it) and the couple sitting next to us got a ton of flirty smiles. After church, we came home and hosted a brunch at our house. Danny, Jenn, Jeff, Meg, Camilla and Ella all came over to eat a delicious brunch with us. It was so fun to have everyone at our house and just relax and play with the babies. I love that we live near our family and have made friends that we consider family.

Here are some pictures of Owen's first Easter!













No comments: