Thursday, December 29, 2011

2 Months Old


Where does the time go? For the first time in my life, I have this intense want for time to stay still. Even though Owen is changing before our very eyes each and every day, the months are going by WAY too fast!! I can NOT believe our baby boy is already 2 months old! He is absolutely the best thing that could have ever happened to us. We can't imagine our lives without him. It's so crazy to think back at being pregnant and 2 months seemed like 10 years and now it seems like 10 minutes. At 2 months Owen is such a happy baby. He smiles and coos at us all day LONG! I can not get enough of this little boy's HUGE smiles. He is starting to really concentrate on our faces and his favorite thing is watching us stick our tongues out. Sometimes I think he is trying to imitate us because he is staring so intently at us sticking our tongues out! He is still sleeping through the night - hallelujah!! He is not the best napper during the day and I think it's probably because we can't seem to get him on a schedule. It is so hard to put him down at the same time during the day because we were doing different things while I was on maternity leave. The one way he naps the best is if we are out and about. When we take him to the mall or anywhere in the car, he automatically passes out for at least 2 hours. Meanwhile, if we stay home, the kid stays awake and doesn't sleep for longer than 30 minutes! He has been going through a growth spurt lately and can't seem to get enough to eat. This has been interesting to deal with because I feel like I'm constantly nursing him!! I can literally almost see him growing. He is in 3 month clothes - he's a LONG baby. For Christmas, I bought him a bunch of 6 month clothes because it seems like he'll be in them before winter is over. He still LOVES his bath time and it is probably my favorite time of the day. The second you stick him in that bathtub, he gets the biggest grin on his face and looks SO relaxed. It is priceless!!

Owen - we love you to death and can't wait to see what is to come!!

No comments: