Sunday, October 30, 2011

Owen's Hospital Visitors

Owen had a lot of people waiting for his arrival. When we moved to North Carolina, I never would have imagined our lives turning out the way it has unfolded. Both Tommy and I have amazing jobs and we've made some lifelong friends that we are so lucky to have in our lives. Owen had a TON of visitors during our 4-day stay at the hospital.

On Saturday, October 29th, post c-section, my Mom (Grandma Gin Gin), Uncle Jeff, Aunt Meg, Uncle Danny and Aunt Jenn visited Owen. Sorry if I was so out of it during the day! My reaction to the anesthesia was that I could barely keep my eyes open. I think I slept the entire day away! Jeff, Meg, Danny and Jenn brought Owen a ton of Halloween goodies and other cute outfits to dress our little man in. He has NO idea how much his Aunts and Uncles are spoiling him!!

On Sunday morning, October 30th they finally unhooked all my IVs and catheter and I was able to take a shower. Despite it being a hospital shower, it was by far one of the best showers I could remember. It made me feel ten times better being clean and walking around again. We walked around the hospital floor with Owen in his bed and I really got to stretch my legs. They were numb since Friday night, so it felt amazing to get out of bed. I welcomed visitors at this point! Some of my favorite coworkers, Sarah, Lisa, Charlotte and Michelle came to visit me. Michelle brought her sweet family with her and her daughter Luci got to meet Owen. Michelle's family has welcomed me into their home and I absolutely love every member of her family so it was so special to have her daughter visit Owen in the hospital. I foresee a lot of future playdates. :) Other visitors we also had were Camilla and Steve and Christina and Bjorn (with their son Henrik). Both of these couples were friends we really hit it off with when we first moved to Durham. Steve, Bjorn and Tommy all work together at Duke as radiology residents. We all moved here as one of the few couples who didn't have kids and really bonded with one another. They have become some of our closest friends in North Carolina and we love spending time with them. Camilla and I actually got to share the pregnancy experience together. She was due almost 3 weeks before me, but her sweet baby girl hadn't quite made her entrance yet. It was so nice to go through everything with her and have someone to compare notes with! Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of Camila and Steve or Christina and Bjorn's visit! :(

Thank you to everyone who came up to the hospital to visit us!!

Grandma Gin Gin

Uncle Danny & Aunt Jenn

Uncle Jeff & Aunt Meg

Entertaining Luci Bray with my iPad!

Introducing Luci to Owen!

My Tri Properties friends!!

Lisa with Owen

Michelle with Owen

Charlotte "G-Ma" with Owen

No comments: