Friday, August 10, 2012

Owen's 9 Month Well Check


On August 10, we went for Owen's 9 month well check. I don't seem to ever know what happens at each of his well check appointments, so I woke up that morning really anxious thinking he would have shots. LUCKILY, he didn't have to get them! He was given this ridiculous gown to wait for the doctor and it made me laugh. I guess it's to keep a baby warm, but it just made me want to take lots of pictures because it looked so silly. Owen didn't seem to mind. :)

Prior to this appointment, I was REALLY eager to find out how Owen was doing in weight. I can barely hold him for very long these days and he is seemingly growing out of ALL his summer clothes. Turns out, our little man had a HUGE growth spurt! He was 28.5 inches (42%) and 19.5 pounds (40%). It was a HUGE jump in height and weight!! I couldn't believe it. I can't remember exactly what his head measured at, but it was in the 90% percentile. So I'm thinking a large majority of all that baby food he is eating is going to that large noggin of his. :)

At the appointment, Dr. Slowik said he was one of the cutest babies on her list and that he is doing amazingly well. She saw nothing abnormal about our little man and gave us the clear to give him any kinds of food except cow's milk. She told us to let him try anything we love to eat so that he would have a similar palette to ours. I was excited to hear this because it seems like I'm making baby food for this food monster ALL the time. It would be nice to just give him parts of our dinner we were eating. I know that will take time, but it's good to know he can have anything we are eating! Get ready buddy, you are in for some fine cuisine! :)



No comments: