Thursday, May 24, 2012

We Moved!


On May 24th, 2 days before we were going to leave for our week long vacation to California and 4 days after Tommy got back from Louisville from taking his oral boards, we moved. I don't know HOW we managed to do it, but we somehow did. It was the most stressful week I have ever experienced in my entire life. We had lived in our town home for 3 years and when the letter came to let us know that our rent was going up drastically, we made a rash decision to go ahead and leave. Tommy didn't think we made a smart decision at the time, but I knew in the back of my head we would have to move. For one thing, our old place wasn't laid out in a good way for a mobile baby. I also had a crappy room that was a poor excuse for an office and there was no way I could watch a baby and work at the same time in that room. I envisioned Owen scaling the bookshelf and getting into a whole lot of trouble in that room. So when that letter came, I pushed us to find a good house. We luckily found a really cute house to move to pretty quickly. 

THANK GOODNESS for MANY people who helped us that week. Without them we would not have survived. Between having someone watching Owen and not getting ahead on packing, our stress levels were at the maximum level. Thinking back, I'm not sure how I survived the week without some kind of major exhaustion or mental breakdown. Note to everyone and self: NEVER do this much with a move with a baby. EVER. We had movers move everything, but we had to pack all of our stuff that had accumulated in one place over three years. I told Tommy the next time we move, I'm not lifting a finger. We are hiring people to come in and pack and transport our belongings. NEVER again! The highlight of our move was having Owen running in his walker all over the empty apartment. He's becoming quite the expert in steering in his walker and running really fast in it. Hurley really hates this near accomplishment of Owen's and tries to steer clear. Below are pictures of our first morning post move. Owen and Dad were exhausted. I had to take a picture of it - it was too sweet not to. :)




No comments: