Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Danny & Jenn

Danny and Jenn moved to Houston at the end of June and it was hard to say goodbye to them. Danny was finished with his residency at Duke and moving on to his fellowship at Texas Children's in Houston. When we moved to North Carolina, we never really thought any of our family would wind up here. In some crazy universe….TWO of Tommy's siblings wound up in the same city. We could not have been happier. We hadn't been in the same city with anyone in several years, so it was such a treat. It means more to me than I could ever relay in a blog post to have my family so close to us when we had our first baby. It was such a blessing. I can remember the night I was in labor so clearly. Jenn had brought over several grocery bags of food over to spoil me in what she assumed was my last few weeks of pregnancy. When she came over, she found Tommy rushing to get his bags packed and putting everything into the car. I was STILL in denial, but leaning over the counter and not able to breathe really well while I talked to Jenn. She left quickly and told me she would see me in the hospital. :) Oh the memories.

Owen was so lucky to have Uncle Danny and Aunt Jenn in town for his birth and to be around for a good 6 months of his life. We will miss them dearly, but know our distance is short lived. Thank you for a wonderful 3 years in North Carolina together. It made being away from Texas so much easier. We love and miss you guys so much!





No comments: